The Taney County Partnership is proud to announce its newest partner, Ozarks Technical Community College (OTC). Ozarks Technical Community College was founded April 3, 1990 when the residents of Springfield school district and 13 surrounding public school districts voted to establish a “community technical college.”
“OTC is very excited to be a part of the Taney County Partnership and look forward to joining with other businesses as we seek to enhance the economic vitality of Taney County” says Jeff Jochems, President of the Table Rock Campus at Ozarks Technical Community College.
Robert Griffith Ph.D., Dean of Academic and Student Affairs, says “The college’s recent construction of a new campus in Hollister is one evidence of our commitment to serve the educational needs of this area and the understanding that educational opportunity and economic development are closely related.”
Recognized for its consistent innovative approach to education, OTC has continued to uphold a mission to promote student learning through accessible, high-quality, affordable workforce training, and technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies. Their vision is to be the community’s college by providing quality learning experiences that support community, workforce and personal development.
Ozarks Technical Community College offers the following programs and services:
- Technical Education Programs: provide certificates, associate degrees, and short-term programs that enable students to pursue or advance their education.
- General Education: Provide courses which lead to accomplishment of Certificate, A.A.S. and A.A. degrees.
- Developmental Education: provide courses which develop basic skills in areas such as adult basic education, reading, writing, mathematics and study skills.
- Customized Training: provide training to address specific needs of business and industry and further economic development in the region.
- Continuing Education and Community Service: provide a variety of non-credit courses and lifelong learning opportunities, which are responsive to the needs of the region.
- Student Services: provide services to assist students in fulfilling their educational goals, including orientation, assessment, advisement, financial aid, personal and career counseling, job placement, accommodation services for students with disabilities, and a library.
For more information regarding the properties of Ozarks Technical Community College, please visit www.otc.edu.
If your business is interested in becoming a part of the Taney County Partnership or interested in getting more information, please visit www.taneycountypartnership.com.
Taney County Partnership Mission
The Taney County Partnership coordinates and facilitates the development of a strong, diversified and competitive economy in the county. As a public-private partnership, the TCP focuses on addressing the needs and opportunities of existing business, providing assistance to new and expanding businesses, fostering workforce development, supporting an entrepreneurial culture, while advocating for a business-friendly climate in Taney County, Missouri.
[share title=”Like What You See? Share Taney County Partnership with Your Associates” facebook=”true” twitter=”true” google_plus=”true” linkedin=”true” email=”true”]