Stone County Developmental Disability Board
The Residential Director is responsible for supervising all aspects of the residential program, including daily operations, supervisors and direct support professionals, and all persons receiving residential services. Duties include promoting employee relations, team building and communication, and leadership procedures. The Residential Director will be an active part of organizational development, performance management, policy recommendation, creation, and placement. The Residential Director is a representative SCDDB and is expected to professionally represent the organization’s mission and purpose.
· Follow all Individual Service Plans, and the recommendations of team members, and take a person-centered approach to create services and supports.
· Mentor and monitor program staff to ensure that person-centered services and supports are being provided with the highest level of quality.
· Complete programmatic documentation per SCDDB policies and procedures as well as Department of Mental Health rules and regulations.
· Ensure the safety and well-being of all persons served by providing proper supervision to staff and instructing/training as needed.
· Maintain ongoing communication with supervisors, team members, and family members regarding any issues, concerns, or problems (i.e., programmatically, and medically).
· Responsible for conducting required assessments of all participants while ensuring prompt follow-up occurs on any assessments that show a deficiency in the person’s life.
· Oversee and maintain all residential program functions.
· Oversee staff scheduling, ensuring proper staff coverage throughout a 24-hour day. Be ultimately responsible for shifts being covered.
· Oversee and maintain persons served schedules for medical appointments and ensure proper follow-through by staff.
· Review safety checks and communicate any concerns regarding SCDDB program sites.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Required Education/Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; within the human service field desired.
· 5+ years of experience working with or advocating for individuals with a variety of disabilities, Required.
· Knowledge of Missouri I/DD rules and regulations.
· 3+ years’ experience in operating residential programs, Required.
· Experience in supervising a diverse group of employees.
· Knowledge of HCBS, Medicaid, and DMH rules and regulations.
· Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
· Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong leadership and management philosophies and practices.
· Ability to identify and solve problems and communicate solutions through collaboration and application of strategic management.
· Superior critical problem-solving skills and decision-making skills.
· Must have a vehicle in good working order with current insurance and registration.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class E driver’s License
· Must have general knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
· Must have Medication Administration training or be willing to get it.
· Must have current CPR and first-aid certification or be willing to get it.
Staff work in a changing environment that adjusts to the needs of the persons served in program services. The environment may be fast-paced with interruptions, distractions, and deadlines. The Director of Residential Services needs to be flexible and be able to adjust to changing needs or activities. Depending on the needs of the staff and individuals, the work can be physically demanding including transferring or supporting people with mobility needs, lifting, or moving items up to 50 lbs., walking or standing for extended periods of time, or providing support through CPR/First Aid, behavioral support, and other interventions.
CPR/First Aid, Positive Behavior Supports, Abuse, Neglect & Exploitation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Person-Centered Planning, HIPAA/Privacy & Confidentiality, and any other assigned training.
Find more job listings at ONPOINTMO: https://imaginebransonmo.com/onpointmo/find-a-job/