Website BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF THE OZARKS
Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks provides after-school and summer programs for school-aged youth.
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided in within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
- Promote and stimulate program participation;
- Register new members and participate in their club orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Complete all necessary documentation, including member participation, pre and post testing scores, program evaluations, accident reports, etc.
- Maintain appearance of Club facilities and equipment by compiling daily, weekly and/or periodic cleaning and maintenance assignments.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
- Maintain communication with Program Director and other staff members regarding concerns/issues.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
Youth Development Professional
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems upon request.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Experience in working with children.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Willingness to obtain CPR and First Aid Certifications if not already certified. Training provided by BGCO.
- Valid State Driver’s License if operating Club vehicles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Find more job listings at ONPOINTMO: https://imaginebransonmo.com/onpointmo/find-a-job/