Website BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF THE OZARKS
Boys & Girls Club of the Ozarks provides after-school and summer programs for school-aged youth.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Oversee the delivery of a broad range of programs and activities within a designated Unit, such as Education, Technology, Character and Leadership Development, Health and Life Skills, Fitness and Recreation and Arts and Crafts. Supervise and evaluate program staff and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Unit programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Plan and organized special events/programs on the Unit level for Club members, families, volunteers, etc.
- Establish Unit program objectives consistent with the organizational goals and mission.
- Ensure quality in day-to-day programs and activities.
- Maintain that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction to develop skills.
- Train and monitor staff in the delivery of constructive criticism and positive discipline techniques to members.
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism to members, staff and volunteers.
- Work with staff members to ensure that program areas are safe, that equipment in maintained in good working condition and that repair needs are reported immediately.
- Assign work to staff and volunteers while providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Support training and development opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Continually evaluate Club programs, reporting results according to established deadlines and addressing gender or cultural needs of members.
- Collect data and prepare regular reports as needed for programs, funding sources and other projects.
- Control Unit program and activity expenditures within approved budget, as delegated by the Unit Director.
- Oversee proper record keeping including daily attendance, program participation, achievement, problems/issues, etc.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting daily schedules, announcement of upcoming events and dissemination of timely information to schools, other organizations and the media through the Administrative Office.
- May oversee specific programs/activities (Keystone Club, Torch Club, etc.).
- May participate in organizational programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van and/or bus.
- May consult with parents concerning members and Unit issues.
- May handle deposits or banking transactions on occasion.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for guidance and discipline of members in situations beyond the authority of Program Aides.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years working in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Group leadership skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Valid Missouri State Drivers License.
- May be required to drive Club van and/or bus. (Club may provide the cost for acquiring a Class E, CDL or other specialized operator’s license as required).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to squat or bend to communicate at youths’ level.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds for short periods of time.
- Must be able to participate in physical activities throughout the facility, on the property and/or on field trips.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Find more job listings at ONPOINTMO: https://imaginebransonmo.com/onpointmo/find-a-job/