Summary: To handle direct requests, as well as emailed requests, for reservation information in a prompt and accurate manner, by ensuring guest satisfaction and maximizing room revenue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read Pre-shift daily.
- Answer all phone calls within three rings and in a courteous manner.
- Process all reservations, changes and cancellations coming over the resort’s switchboard or via email.
- Be aware of the selling status and rates of all the package plans at all times.
- Handle daily correspondence in a timely manner; respond to inquiries and make reservations as needed. If agent plans to be away for an extended period of time, clear out in-box to keep up to date.
- Always ask to book reservations and upsell.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all room types, rates, packages, and booking procedures.
- Work within current guidelines striving to maximize both occupancy and revenue.
- Keep workstation neat and orderly; throw out outdated information (always keep up to date information in training manual).
- Complete outbound letters in a timely manner. Complete outbound calls within the week of distribution.
- Will perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Springer-Miller Database software; Lotus Notes Internet software and Microsoft Word or Word Perfect Word Processing software. The individual should possess above average typing and communication skills. The applicant’s availability of typing must meet with the required minimum of 42 words/minute. The individual will be completing a Microsoft Excel test upon the interview, the minimum required score of qualification is 70%.
Other Skills and Abilities: The ability to work well with a team, to prioritize, a sense of urgency and a real concern for guest satisfaction.
Other Qualifications: Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Find more job listings at ONPOINTMO: https://imaginebransonmo.com/onpointmo/find-a-job/